As your business grows, you will accumulate new team members and may need to create new teams/groups to further assist your customers. Within Pathlight, you are able to easily create new teams/groups and add team members to them within a few simple steps!
Steps to creating a new Team/Group
1. Select the Dashboard tab on the left navigation menu
2. Once you're on the dashboard navigate to the group that you would like to plant your new team/group within
3. Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the group dashboard
4. Choose New Team
5. The window to edit the new team will appear and you can input the name, home group, leader, viewers, timezone, Slack channel, and most importantly - whether it will be a new group or new team (keep in mind: a group is a department such as Support, Operations, or Sales and you can insert other groups or teams within the group. A team is a compilation of individual contributors or frontline team members and you cannot nestle other teams/groups within a team.)
6. Once you are satisfied with your new team/group - Save your adjustments
7. Review the org chart to verify that your team/group is appropriately situated there. Notice in the screen capture below: The parent group Global holds the Global Customer Support, Global SDR, Global Sales groups within it. If we open up the Global Customer Support group we then see that it holds US East, US North, US South, and US West groups as well. Then each of those groups has teams. Team Holly Henry is expanded and you can see the Support Representatives on Team Holly Henry.
8. Begin adding more teams to your group, or add team members to the team