Every metric in Pathlight can have High, Medium, Low or No Priority. Priority levels impact health scores, natural language summaries, and notifications, and also help your team stay focused on what matters the most, so it's important to set the appropriate priority levels for all of your metrics. If you don't want a metric to factor into a health score at all (to effectively "mute" it), set it to "No Priority."
Who has permissions to edit the priority of a metric?
Anyone who has the permissions to edit a Metric, which is usually the administrator, Path creator, or an assigned editor.
How many high priority metrics should I have?
How you prioritize your metrics is completely customizable, and up to you. However, we recommend only setting a few high priority metrics, so that your team members have a clear sense of what they should be focusing on.
How to add a priority to a metric
1. Open a metric chart by clicking on it from a path view or dashboard view
2. Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the metric window
3. Choose Edit metric
4. Hover over the current priority level
5. Edit the priority level by selecting the pencil icon next to the priority
6. Select the appropriate priority level within the dropdown menu