Within this article, we will go over:
- What can I do with Pathlight's Slack app?
- How does Pathlight's Slack Integration work?
- How do I set up Pathlight's Slack Integration?
What can I do with Pathlight's Slack app?
When you get a notification from Pathlight, you can quickly take action in Slack, and that action will be automatically documented for you in Pathlight. You can:
Share with the team - recognize an individual’s performance with the team
Send a message to an individual - send coaching or recognition to a team member
Mark as a priority - mark a metric as a priority in Pathlight
Receive automatic alerts - send an alert to a Slack channel (e.g., when a member of your team closes a deal)
How does Pathlight's Slack Integration work?
The Slack app is a powerful timesaver that sends notifications to Pathlight users. Pathlight's Slack bot does not store any conversation information from any public or private channel unless it's being directly messaged.
When alerts are triggered in Pathlight, and the user has added the Pathlight app in Slack, the bot will send a notification directly to that user. The user can then interact with that notification. Non-users of Pathlight (including your team members who are not yet Pathlight users) are never automatically pinged - it's all in your control.
How do I set up Pathlight's Slack Integration?
2) Go to Settings in the bottom left corner of your screen
3) Select Integrations
4) Scroll down and click the Connect Slack button
(If you have any issues with permissions, refer your IT department to Pathlight's Slack App Directory Listing and these setup instructions from Slack.)
5) Read the actions for which Pathlight would like permission. Select the Authorize icon when you are ready
6) Receive key insights and take immediate action from within Slack
We hope this was helpful! Please submit a ticket here if you have any questions or need further assistance.