Templates within Pathlight allow for efficiency when creating messages. Learning how to create a template for messages will set you and your team up for success as you stay synced up on important topics, metrics, and other valuable insights.
We recommend that if you frequently send out communications summarizing performance or sharing policies you should have templates established for each of these.
In this article we will go over:
How to Create a Message Template
- Click on your profile icon in the bottom left corner of Pathlight
- Choose Settings
- Choose Templates from the left menu bar
- Click on New template in the upper right corner
- New template window will appear allowing you to enter a Title & Category.
- Categories include:
- Notes - A message that is non-designated
- 1-on-1 - These are particular to meetings and are worth going into more detail separately. You can find information on creating 1-on-1 templates in the next section of this article
- Coaching - Messages that allow you to follow up with your direct reports on areas of opportunity for them to improve
- Applause - Messages that can be shared to recognize outstanding performance
- Announcement - These message types allow for sharing important updates with larger groups/teams (we recommend using these to share things like policies or weekly summaries, etc.
- Categories include:
- Choose if you would like to make your template public (by default templates are set to private, but it may be useful to share with other members of your organization.)
- Add a message to create the message body
- Click on the + icon next to the body of your message to embed items within
- After you have embedded metrics, leaderboards, results, GIFs and/or videos within your template you can save your new template by clicking the blue Save button in the right corner of the window
- From the Templates page you can view any public templates available to you or edit templates that you have created
Using a Message Template
- Click on the + icon located in the left navigation bar
- Choose From template
- Create a new message from a template window will appear, select the name of template you wish to use and input the name of the group/team/individual you are sharing context about.
- Select Next
- Your message will update with the pre-filled template content and context around your selected team or individuals
- Within the message you have the same ability to update the recipients, change the category of message being sent, Pin message, or Request acknowledgement just as you would without having used a templated message
- Once your message is complete use the Share button to send to your recipients
We hope this was helpful! If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.