1-on-1s provide a structured space for managers and their reports to stay connected, coach, monitor goal progress, and achieve great results.
Pathlight recommends that managers set up a 1-on-1 for each person they manage. Once set up, the 1-on-1 behaves like a folder for all meetings that occur between its participants, which Pathlight will automatically create according to the schedule you specify.
In this article, we will go over:
- How to create a 1-on-1
- How to edit a 1-on-1
- How to delete a 1-on-1
- How to archive a 1-on-1
- How to view archived 1-on-1s
How to create a 1-on-1
1) To view your 1-on-1 screen, go to the top left-hand side of your screen and select the 1-on-1 icon
2) Then, select the + New 1-on-1 tab
3) Type in the name of the person with whom you are scheduling the 1-on-1
4) Once you have entered a name, you will see options to set up your meeting schedule:
- Create meetings from an existing repeating Google Calendar event
- Create meetings from a manually defined schedule
- Create a 1 time meeting
Create meetings from an existing repeating Google Calendar event
- Pathlight connects to your Google Calendar and syncs meeting times for your 1-on-1 with an existing repeating event, even if times change. Recommended if you use Google Calendar.
- Once you select Google Calendar, follow the prompts on your screen, it will ask you to select the Google Calendar event. Once selected, instructions will be similar to the manually defined meetings
Create meetings from a manually defined schedule
- If you don’t use Google Calendar, define a repeating schedule for your 1-on-1 to take place. Pathlight will create a new meeting each time you meet.
Create a 1 time meeting
- If you want to make a 1 time meeting that does not need to be recurring, then select this option.
How to edit a 1-on-1
1) To edit a 1-on-1, go to the top left-hand side of your screen and select the 1-on-1 icon
2) Select the 1-on-1 you would like to edit on the left-hand side
3) If you would like to edit the time frame, select the 3 dots at the upper-middle portion of your screen and select Edit meeting time
4) If you would like to edit topics, add/remove/edit metrics, edit pulses or Mini Goals, simply go to the middle of the screen and edit as needed by selecting the proper items
How to delete a 1-on-1
1) To delete a 1-on-1, go to the top left-hand side of your screen and select the 1-on-1 icon
2) Select the 3 dots next to the appropriate 1-on-1 you would like to delete
3) Click on Delete this meeting
How to archive a 1-on-1
1) To archive a 1-on-1, go to the top left-hand side of your screen and select the 1-on-1 icon
2) Select the 1-on-1 on the left-hand side in which you would like to archive
3) Select the 3 horizontal bars on the top right-hand corner
4) Select the Archive icon on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen
How to view archived 1-on-1s
1) To view your archived 1-on-1's, go to the top left-hand side of your screen and select the 1-on-1 icon
2) Select the filter icon on the left-hand side of the screen
3) Choose Show archived 1-on-1s (and to leave the archived 1-on-1's you would select Show active 1-on-1s)
4) Now you will be taken to the Archived 1-on-1s selection screen where you can view all previously archived 1-on-1s
We hope this was helpful! If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.