For Pathlight to integrate with Kustomer, we adopt the basic authentication (private app API Key) authentication to access the Kustomer API.
Each access token (or API key) is tied to a specific user and has the same permissions as the user that holds them. Requests made with an access token will act on behalf of a user and will have access to the resources their permissions allow. Kustomer account admin can easily generate and revoke access token via account settings.
Method: Basic Authentication
- Navigate to your Company's Kustomer account and go to Settings and select Security > API Keys.
- Select Add API Key.
- A popup will appear to edit your new API key. Start by giving the new API key a name. We suggest giving the name of Pathlight
- Under Roles, include the 23 roles that are needed below:
- In the Expires menu, select the number of days that the API key should remain valid before it expires. This should be set to Never
- Select Create to finish creating the new key.
- On the confirmation screen, you'll be shown your new key. For security reasons, this is your one and only chance to copy the key. Select Copy Token to copy the hash to your clipboard and store it securely.
- Securely share your username and API Key via secure email*.
* If you do not have the means to share securely, we recommend using the Virtru email extension to securely email share this information.
We hope this was helpful! Please submit a ticket here if you have any questions or need further assistance.