For Pathlight to integrate with Gorgias, we adopt the basic authentication (private app API Key) authentication to access the Gorgias API.
Each access token (or API key) is tied to a specific user and has the same permissions as the user that holds them. Requests made with an access token will act on behalf of a user and will have access to the resources their permissions allow. Gorgias account admin can easily generate and revoke access token via account settings.
Method: Basic Authentication
- Navigate to your Company's Gorgias account Settings -> REST API.
- Click the Create API key button.
- Copy/paste your username and API key in a secure location.
- Securely share your username and API Key via secure email*. We recommend using the Virtru email extension to securely email us the required username and API Key information.
- Securely share your account-name URL value with the Pathlight team.
- --url https://account-name.gorgias.com
* If you do not have the means to share securely, we recommend using the Virtru email extension to securely email us the required api_id and api_token credential information.
We hope this was helpful! Please submit a ticket here if you have any questions or need further assistance.