Pathlight integrates with Salesforce via a read-only API integration. Outside of the schema, Pathlight does not store any Salesforce data.
Creating a Headless User (Optional)
Some organizations opt to create and install Pathlight as a "headless" Salesforce user with only the explicit permissions required.
- Click Setup from within Salesforce
- Under Administration Setup, click Manage Users and then Permission Sets
- Click New, name it "Pathlight Access (Custom)" and click Save.
- Click Manage Assignments to add the "headless" User who will install Pathlight.
- Work through each section listed below, adding the required access.
Pathlight needs Read Access to all Standard/Custom Objects and Fields you wish to track within Pathlight. Click on each individual Object/Field Name and then enable Read.
- API Enabled: This allows Pathlight to utilize the REST API
- View All Data: This allows Pathlight to read Objects/Fields for metric processing. If you cannot assign this permission you will need to create/manage a Permission Set with scoped Object/Field access.
- View All Users: This allows Pathlight to sync user profiles and groups with Salesforce.
Once you’re ready to connect to Pathlight, follow the instructions below.
If you already have a Pathlight account:
Log into your existing Pathlight account, go to Settings > Data Sources and press the Connect Salesforce button. Make sure you are logged in as the Headless User before authorizing Pathlight.
If you do not have a Pathlight account yet:
Note: Ensure you log into Salesforce with either your “Headless User,” if relevant, or with an account that has sufficient privileges to complete the authorization and has access to the objects you would like to query in Pathlight.
Navigate to https://app.pathlight.com/authentication/login/salesforce, complete the fields with your credentials, and accept permissions.
Once this is complete, Pathlight will start syncing your Salesforce schema (including custom fields and objects) automatically, and the Pathlight team will begin to set up your account.
We hope this was helpful! Please submit a ticket here if you have any questions or need further assistance.