Goals can vary within an organization or within a team for a variety of reasons, and Pathlight accommodates that easily.
Remember that when you set a target, you're setting individual targets, not the team aggregate. Pathlight will do the aggregating for you.
Set a custom goal
As an admin
- Navigate to your Path and the metric you'd like to set a goal for. Click on the 3 dots menu in the metric's column header to access Metric Settings > Goal.
- Set up your initial explicit goal. This should be the goal you expect most members of the group to hit. Note: you cannot set custom goals when using Pathlight's auto goals.
- Click "+ Set a different target for someone in this Path."
- Enter the name of the group, team, or individual for whom you'd like to set the goal, and the target they need to hit.
- Repeat for each custom goal you need to configure.
- As soon as you hit "Save," you will immediately see who is "on Path" and who is not based on these new goals.
As a manager
If you do not have access to Metric Settings on your Path, you can still set custom targets for your team:
- Navigate to your Path and the metric you'd like to set a goal for. Click on the cell of the team or individual you'd like to change the metric for.
- In the cell detail, navigate to Gear Icon next to the goal > "Set a custom personal target".
- Update the target and click Save.
Still have a question? Send a message to our Pathlight support team using the chat in the bottom right corner.