Pathlight supports a variety of flexible goal types:
- Above or pacing to an amount - Hit a minimum threshold, or pace to a goal over the week, month, or quarter - "Hit $200,000 by the end of the quarter" (see below for more detail)
- Stay below a limit - "No more than 3 escalations every 2 weeks"
- Update a cell regularly - "Update this reflection every 7 days"
You can choose to have Pathlight automatically detect the outliers on your team (the "automatic - based off performance of peers" option), or you can set your own explicit target.
It's always better to choose an explicit target when possible instead of an automatic goal. With explicit targets, you will get more intelligent insights and more relevant alerting.
Set a goal
- Click on the 3 dots menu in the column header to access Metric Settings > Goal.
- Select your goal type.
- Apply your custom target or let Pathlight detect outliers for you automatically. We recommend setting a custom target whenever you can, as the more information you give Pathlight, the more intelligent insights you'll receive.
- When you set a target, remember that you're setting individual targets, not the team aggregate. Pathlight will do the aggregating for you.
- If different members of your team have different targets, just click "Set a different target for someone in this Path."
- As soon as you hit "Save," you will immediately see who is "on Path" and who is not.
More on pacing goal logic
Pacing goals help you ensure your team is on track to hit a goal over a period of time, like a week, month, or quarter. Pacing goals are linear slopes, and every day's goal is applied at the end of the day.
For example, for a weekly call goal of 250 calls per week, your team members will not be considered behind pace on Monday unless they haven't hit 50 calls by end of the day. That way, you won't start off your pacing period with everyone already behind.